A simple optical performance monitoring scheme based on a tunable polarization maintaining fiber Bragg grating is proposed. The proposed technique measures the in-band optical signal-to-noise-ratio through orthogonal polarization detection. The scheme is successfully demonstrated for NRZ-OOK signals at 10 Gb/s with an input dynamic range of around 20 dB. The results show that the performance of the scheme is not sensitive to the effects of chromatic dispersion.
- Optical performance monitor
- Optical signal-to-noise-ratio (OSNR)
- Wavelength-division-multiplexing (WDM)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering