Plasmonic chain waveguide by employing an array of silver nanoshell with dielectric holes that interact with incident plane wave of transverse magnetic polarization are simulated by use of the finite element method. Results show that the working wavelength of the system is highly tunable by using the nanoshell instead of solid particles and by varying the dielectric constant of the core. Besides, chain waveguides that are operated on resonant multipolar modes can provide longer propagation lengths, which is beyond what is maximally achieved by conventional solid particle chains. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Finite element method
- Plasmonic chain waveguide
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering