In this paper, the nonformaldehyde agent 1,2,3,4-butanetetracarboxylic acid was used for durable press finishing of silk fabric. To optimize the finishing, the effects of the amount of sodium hypophosphite, 1,2,3,4-butanetetracarboxylic acid and citric acid, curing temperature and curing time were examined. It was found that the wet wrinkle recovery angle had an obvious improvement from 179° to 273°, and that the finishing had a very small effect to the breaking strength.
- Butanetetracarboxylic Acid
- Durable Press Finishing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Materials Science (miscellaneous)
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Business and International Management
- Management of Technology and Innovation