The acoustic vector-sensor is a practical and versatile sound-measurement system, for applications in-room, open-air, or underwater. Its far-field measurement model has been introduced into signal processing over a decade ago; and many direction-finding algorithms have since been developed for acoustic vector-sensors, but only for far-field sources. Missing in the literature is a near-field measurement model for the acoustic vector-sensor. This correspondence fills this literature gap.
- Acoustic arrays
- Acoustic position measurement
- Acoustic signal processing
- Array signal processing
- Direction of arrival estimation
- Underwater acoustic arrays.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Signal Processing
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering