We propose and report on a novel multiwavelength-switchable-tunable erbium-doped fiber laser with excellent stability and uniformity based on four-wave mixing (FWM) in a highly nonlinear photonic crystal fiber. By adjusting the attenuators, the single, dual, or triple wavelengths can be lasing simultaneously. Under the influence of the FWM, the spectrum is stabilized and the uniformity is less than 0.6 dB.
- Erbium-doped fiber (EDF) laser
- Fiber Bragg grating (FBG)
- Photonic crystal fiber (PCF)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous)