This paper considers the problem of scheduling deteriorating jobs and due date assignment on a single machine. The actual processing time of a job is a linear increasing function of its starting time. The problem is to determine the optimal due dates and the processing sequence simultaneously to minimize costs for earliness, due date assignment and weighted number of tardy jobs. We present polynomial-time algorithms to solve the problem in the case of two popular due date assignment methods: CON and SLK.
- CON/SLK due date assignment
- Deteriorating jobs
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Business, Management and Accounting(all)
- Management Science and Operations Research
- Economics and Econometrics