A microwave photonic filter using a simple and novel multiwavelength erbium-doped fiber laser (EDFL) is proposed. The filter was experimentally demonstrated featuring tunability and reconfigurability by adjustment of the output from the EDFL. The experimental results show excellent agreement with the numerical simulations.
- Microwave photonic filter (MPF)
- Multiwavelength erbium-doped fiber laser (EDFL)
- Signal processing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous)