An extinction ratio tunable optical fiber polarization interferometer (OFPI) is proposed and implemented to increase the optical modulation depth in radio-over-fiber (RoF) systems by suppressing the optical carrier power. The extinction ratio of the OFPI can be simply tuned by adjusting the polarization state of the launched RoF signal. Experimental results illustrate that the receiver sensitivity and dynamic range of RoF systems are greatly improved using the proposed scheme.
- Carrier-to-sideband ratios (CSRs)
- optical fiber polarization interferometer (OFPI)
- radio-over-fiber (RoF)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering