This letter proposes a novel method for N-k induced cascading contingency screening based on random vector functional-link (RVFL) neural network and quantum inspired multi-objective evolutionary algorithm (QMEA). This method can conduct reliable and simultaneous screening for various N-k contingencies. The proposed method has been proved to be highly effective through a preliminary case study using the New England 39-bus system.
- Cascading failures
- N-k contingency screening
- quantum inspired multi-objective evolutionary algorithm
- random vector functional-link neural network
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering