We demonstrate a novel multi-wavelength fiber ring laser based on a gain clamped semiconductor optical amplifier. The number of lasing lines can be tuned by adjusting the loss inside the cavity. The wavelength interval between the wavelengths is 100 GHz. The proposed laser shows a stable operation with total intensity fluctuation for a single laser line within ±0.02 dB at room temperature for a period of 30-minutes.
- Fiber laser
- Semiconductor optical amplifier
- Wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics