A simple uplink transmission scheme with multiple-input direct detection and digital signal processing has been proposed and experimentally demonstrated for the time and wavelength division multiplexed passive optical networks (TWDM-PONs), to allow wavelength drift of lasers at the uncooled optical network units (ONUs). In our experiment, after passing by the commercial 100-GHz WDM demultiplexer, three 10-Gb/s NRZ signals with minimum signal wavelength separation of 50-GHz can be recovered successfully after 50-km standard single-mode fiber (SSMF) transmission. Simulation results are also obtained to analysis the receiver sensitivity at different wavelength separations and discuss methods improving power budget.
- Digital signal processing
- Multiple-input detection
- Time and wavelength division multiplexed passive optical networks (TWDM-PONs)
- Uncooled optical network units (ONUs)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering