We propose and experimentally demonstrate the design of seamless integration of the third generation partnership program (3GPP) long-term evolution (LTE) with radio-over-fiber (RoF) for the eNodeB cell extension. The proposed system is optimized for all LTE analogue radio bandwidths (ARBs) namely, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 20 MHz. This letter presents the complete LTE-RoF system design with the optimum modulation region and an optimum optical launch power. The resultant optimized error vector magnitude for the 64-quadrature amplitude modulation-orthogonal frequency division multiplexing modulation scheme across the aforementioned ARBs is, which is much lower than the 8% margin defined by 3GPP.
- Long-term evolution (LTE)
- optical orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OOFDM)
- radio-over-fiber (RoF)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering