This research examines the relationship status of leading OTAs with the hotel industry in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region along with future trends in hotel distribution channels. A Delphi study was conducted with senior executives (n = 12) of leading OTAs to explore the inter-organizational relationship development between hotels and OTAs. Our results indicate that building a long-term sustainable relationship with the hotel industry requires OTAs to be innovative and capable of enhancing their value to hotels. Moreover, the future of the hotel distribution landscape in the APAC region is expected to become increasingly complex.
- Asia Pacific tourism intermediaries
- inter-organizational relationship
- online marketing distribution
- online travel agents
- travel market intermediaries
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management