We propose and demonstrate experimentally, a novel microwave-photonic filter using a variable polarization delay line based on high-birefringence linear chirped fiber Bragg grating. The filter is free from the problems associated with the optical coherence interference of the laser. It provides a continuous tuning capability without the need to change the wavelength of the input optical carrier, and offers high resolution filtering for real-time signal processing in radio frequency system.
- Differential group delay (DGD)
- Fiber Bragg grating (FBG)
- Microwave photonics
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering