This work extends the previous quantum projection filtering scheme in Gao et al. (2019), by adding an optimality analysis result. A reformulation of the quantum projection filter is derived by minimizing the truncated Stratonovich stochastic Taylor expansion of the difference between the true quantum trajectory and its approximation on a lower-dimensional submanifold through quantum information geometric techniques. Simulation results for a qubit example demonstrate better approximation performance for the new quantum projection filter.
- Quantum filters
- Quantum information geometry
- Quantum projection filters
- Stratonovich stochastic Taylor expansions
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering