Advanced practice nursing roles are developing globally, and opportunities for advanced practice nursing are expanding worldwide due to the need for expert nursing care at an advanced level of practice. Yet it is well recognized that barriers exist with respect to APRNs being able to practice to the full extent of their education and training. Addressing barriers to APRN practice worldwide and ensuring that APRNs are able to practice to the full extent of their education and training can help to promote optimal role fulfillment as well as assessment of the impact of the APRN role.
- Advanced nursing practice
- Advanced practice
- Advanced practice nursing
- Advanced practice registered nurse
- International advanced practice nursing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Issues, ethics and legal aspects