A new speckle shearing interferometer with simple setup is proposed. The interferometer can be converted easily from a speckle referenced speckle pattern interferometer into a speckle shearing interferometer and vice versa. A beamsplitter and a mirror are used to generate the shear. The amount of shear can be adjusted by simply rotating the mirror. The costs involved are low and it is particularly useful for fast inspection in non-destructive testing of structural integrity. Both the theoretical studies of the method of measurement and the experimental results are presented.
- Electronic speckle pattern interferometry
- Electronic speckle shearing interferometry
- Non-destructive testing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering