A novel two-stage transmission system for short range data exchange between cell phone and headset is proposed. The signal transfer is realized by non-radiative magnetic resonant coupling at an extremely low radiation level, rendering it a safe technique for the human body. Compared with Bluetooth technology, the proposed method also avoids electromagnetic interference with other radio transmissions at 2.4 GHz band as it operates at a much lower frequency band in the MHz range. Numerical analysis and simulation are conducted to study the transfer characteristics of the system and to demonstrate the advantages in terms of efficiency and SAR level.
- Magnetic resonant coupling
- specific absorption rate (SAR) level
- wireless signal communication
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering