DescriptionSynopsis and learning objectives:
This workshop focuses on understanding the symptoms and treating patients presenting with cerebellar ataxia. Assessing and treating patients with cerebellar ataxia demands specialized training. Choosing an appropriate assessment tool and treatment technique for this population is challenging as currently there are no recommended set of assessment tools or treatment techniques. In this workshop, the instructor will draw special attention towards best practice for the assessment and treatment for balance problems and falls prevention among people with cerebellar ataxia.
After attending this workshop the attendee will be able to:
• Describe the anatomy and physiology of the cerebellum
• Discuss the specific signs, symptoms and etiology of common diseases resulting in cerebellar ataxia
• Discuss the objective assessments for the cardinal features of cerebellar ataxia
• Describe and demonstrate the standardized assessments for balance problems in cerebellar ataxia
• Describe and demonstrate the principle treatment techniques for improving balance and preventing falls in people with cerebellar ataxia.
Physiotherapy interns, fresh graduates and senior grade physiotherapists with a special interest in neurology and neurological rehabilitation.
|Period||15 May 2019|
|Held at||MAHSA University, Malaysia|
|Degree of Recognition||International|